Wednesday, November 01, 2006

3rd quarter update

It is that time of year when most companies have to file their 3rd quarter financial reports so I thought I'd file my 3rd Quarter productivity reports today :-)~ The past 3 months have flown by for us. Everyone that reads the blog knows of our UST situation, sadly there has been little progress. North Carolina has sent threats via mail to the previous homeowner to try and motivate him to clean it up. He has about 20 days left to get it taken care of and file the papers with the Dept. of Natural Resources. Since quitting my job we've taken several trips and done a massive amount of work on the house, particularly in the master bathroom. I am taking 13 credit hours of coursework at school, remodeling, and trying to finish the necessary repairs for our impending move to Boise, ID. Kate has been helping with everything around the house and yard while enduring some horrible luck at work. Today I slept in until 8am, sounds great right? Wrong, I was dreaming about the things that need to be done around the yard prior to having our UST situation mitigated. The dreams (or nightmares) of my morning prompted me to get working outside since the weather is so nice and also we cannot go any further on the bathroom until the granite, sinks, and tile arrive. Most things have to wait until the day of, or the day prior to, the backhoe and dumptruck arrival but some of the chores need to be done ahead of time. A couple of weekends ago Kate and I moved some flowerbeds, today it was compost time. The compost used to reside next to the shed but it needed to be moved to the back of the yard. About halfway through my chore I was interrupted by a representative from United Van Lines. I made an appointment with her yesterday to come in and check out the contents of our home so we can get an accurate estimate of the cost of a full service move. I’m guessing it will be twice what a Uhaul will cost us, but really hope the price is comparable. In a few weeks we'll have the shed sitting right next to the compost bin again.


2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

That looks so rustic and peaceful. I'm half expecting to see a Thomas Hardy character emerge from the undergrowth.

So different from LA.

Kate said...

Hi Liz,
I hate to admit it, but looks are deceiving. It is mostly peaceful, except for the occassional gunfire and more frequent sirens. Oh, and the shed break-ins. We are actually very close to the downtown ghetto. But we still love our neighborhood! Flaws make character, right?
Kate