Saturday, September 02, 2006

What is Labor Day?

It is Labor Day weekend. Does that mean we should work hard or take a break from work and relax? For us it means work, work, work, and have tons of fun. This morning we were up early to take in a nice bicycle ride. We rode with the Selma Cyclepaths. The route was 42 miles and we blazed through it at 18mph. This was Kate's longest ride, and her fastest. I'm so proud of her I can't find the words to explain it. Way to go Kate!

After a small lunch at the house, Kate did some yard work while I mowed the front yard. After the grass clipping I started working on my weekend project. The project has been a pain in my butt for a long time now. Just how do you do the exterior finish on a window that is in a painfully off-square hole? I have been thinking about it for months. Today I jumped right on it and finished it in just under 4 hours. It wasn't easy or fun...it is done, though. The finished product is below.



Tomorrow we'll be up early again to ride a "metric century" in Cary, NC. A metric century is 100 kilometers or 62 miles. How fast we can do it? Maybe we'll have the master bathroom wired by Monday so we can start hanging sheetrock next weekend. It might be a little ambitious, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

62 miles-I don't even like to drive 62 miles. LOL! Way to go Jon and Kate! Hope you had a great weekend. Love ya tons! Les:)

Jon said...

Kate decided to ride closer to 40 miles. John, Joel, and I rode just over 63 miles in about 3 hours. We were cooked at the finish.