Monday, March 24, 2008

ALERT: Delinquent Blogger Seen On Mountain Bike

That’s right! It was me on the trails Sunday afternoon. I got a big dose of “ass kicking” on Sunday trying to keep pace with Ryan (on a single speed) and Mike (on a hard-tail) on the Ridge to Rivers trails. The weather was gorgeous albeit a bit overcast. Mike’s ride is in the shop so I drove over to his house with my bike and a loaner for him to ride. We rode up to Camel's Back to meet Ryan before heading out on our 10 mile beat down. It seems as though the first ride of the season is always the hardest. I can’t imagine what my fate would have been if I hadn’t been commuting by bicycle all winter long. I know now that my short commute did nothing to keep my lungs in shape; they are still burning today.

I’ve been thinking lately about converting my mountain bike and commuter bike to single speed machines. Converting the bikes will be the easy part. Converting me is going to be the hard part. I’m excited about the challenge of learning to ride in a totally different way. I actually ordered the parts today! We’ll see how my conversion goes in the coming months.

Kate and I are officially on spring break--school's out! Wednesday we are heading for the hills, literally. We are heading to Montana for a couple of days and plan to stay the night in West Yellowstone, Montana at The Stagecoach Inn. We’ll take the camera and post a trip report when we return to Boise.

Until then…

No comments: