Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's Growing on? (June 14, 2007)

I've been rather lazy about taking pictures over the past couple of weeks and I'm not sure how that happened. Today seemed like a good day to take a few pictures and blog about what is growing at the homestead here in Raleigh. Feast your eyes on these.

Tucker is the "Alpha Dog" in this yard.
He looks pretty serious about protecting his domain doesn't he?

"I can haz Octopus?"
See the cheezburgers!

Fall Gold Raspberry Bush

Golden Sweetness

Heritage Red Raspberry Bush

Heritage Reds

Opalka Tomato

Sungold Tomato (my fav)

Super Shepherd Pepper

Blueberries

Fig Bush

Bumble Bee sleeping on Echinacea

Echinacea

Yellow Canna Lily

Fire Canna (my fav)

Pink Canna Lily

Day Lily

Butterfly Bush

Daisy

Bee Balm

Lantana

Cardoon


So, this is where we are today. Watching our beautiful gardens flourish, waiting for an offer on the house. Leaving our friends, and all the things we've worked so diligently to create. Our home and gardens will make some lucky family very happy.

2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

I love the bumble bee sleeping on the echinacea, especially knowing that there are lots of bees dying these days. It looks so peaceful in your yard. I want to come take a nap there.

Kate said...

Dear Liz,
We will make sure you have a bed of flowers when you come to visit!
Kate and Jon