Monday, February 12, 2007

I mean really!

“Did you see that?”
“See what?”
“He just picked that spoon up off the floor and put it in the silverware bin”
“No Way”
“Yes, really!”

The silverware was clean. It had just come out of the dishwasher. Barely a second went by before I asked him, the skinny teenager, if he really did it. Did he grab the spoon, fresh off of the 70 year old floor, and throw it in with the rest of the clean ones? Really, did you really do that? “Oh, I didn’t even think about it” was the response as he casually removed a spoon from the pile. He didn’t miss a beat, went right back to his chore without even a second thought. We were shocked, as I noticed the dried marinara on my spoon and made a mental note not to use my spoon either. The pizza was mediocre, we should have said something to the manager and left as soon as the first spoon hit the floor. I had high hopes for Amedeos because it had come highly recommended by a few local Raleighites so I was pretty disappointed that my second visit to the place would likely be the last since we are 0-2.

2 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

Eww. That's just gross. It almost makes you wonder if that kid has a secret dislike for the owner and doesn't want people to come there!

Jon said...

I wish we would have just left, it was nasty.